Wednesday, April 6, 2011

plants plants plants plants plants and more plants

Happy Springtime! It's time to do some work in my mini-garden, and also try to grow some native grasses in the backyard without the dogs destroying the work. First things first: Go to Plants of the Southwest and drool over all of the little lovelies....


All you have to do is follow the yellow (brown) brick (mulch) road....


Look! It's a Redbud Tree!


Look! It's me in a fort! (Forts are AWESOME.)


So many things to choose from... all kinds of trees and shrubs suited to desert growing conditions...


...and grasses and herbs and flowers....


The staff is knowledgeable and very nice. They don't laugh at me when I ask goofy questions because I am a garden novice.


And look! A pretty plant just for me. :)
Justin and I planted our herbs and shrubs this weekend. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment