Wednesday, March 16, 2011

8mm madness

It all started when I bought Justin a Quarz 8mm camera for Christmas.


It's awesome. No battery required.

I realized when I purchased this gift that I would have to figure out a way to watch the movies once the film is developed. Projectors on eBay are not cheap, nor is film-to-digital conversion (which would spoil some of the fun, anyway).

Off to the thrift stores! It didn't take long before Justin and I found a lovely old Revere 8mm projector. I was able to plug it in and make sure that it at least gave the appearance of being fully-functional.


My mom then mailed some old family reels to me, and one Saturday night turned into old-family-movie-night.

So cool.




I can't wait to watch more old films, and see Justin's new films! YIPPEEE!

2 comments: