Monday, October 18, 2010

Rock the Paint

I (finally) finished my brother's painting which was originally supposed to be a Christmas gift... ahem.... and I am really happy with it. It's time to share the final product.

My little bro is a rockstar - literally, and figuratively. He plays in an awesome cover band that does gigs in the greater Chicago area, and music make his world go round. I tried to rock out with my brushes and create something that would complement his musical interests as well as his minimalist decorating style.



I pulled out my acrylic paints and went to work. I am also exploring the use of upcycled materials in my artwork, so I included 2 overexposed Polaroid prints that I drew on with a paint marker, as well as cutouts from the wax paper pallette on which I mix colors. This makes me feel so much better about using disposable pallette paper, because I am now reusing them. Score!

This is meant to be a gestural, ink-and-brush style representation of a guitar, paired with the line drawing of a generic amplifier on Polaroid paper. The shift is intentional. It just seems appropriate.


Rock on, Little Bro!

2 comments: