Thursday, September 2, 2010

thinking about San Francisco

The American Geophysical Union (AGU) hosts an epic meeting in San Francisco every December in which geochemists, climate modelers, hydrologists, planetary physicists, and all kinds of other scientists gather to present their research. I just submitted an abstract yesterday, and I'm looking forward to attending. The science is great.... and San Francisco is AMAZING! I adore that city.


I love it so much, I will risk the freezing waters to say hello to the bay.


I will push my way through the obnoxious tourist traps in Fisherman's Wharf to visit the sea lions.


I will brave the fog to have a great cup of coffee in North Beach.


I will cast aside my crowd-phobia to wander the festive streets of Chinatown.


I will allow the authorities to put Justin away for a while in Alcatraz (just kidding, no deal!).


I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment