Sunday, July 4, 2010

my own space

After Justin's brother moved out, we decided that his room should become a guest room AND my art space. All mine. Mine mine mine. I really missed having a nook of my own, so this sounded like a grand plan. Now, (minus a storage shelf for my supplies), the space is done and usable. YES.


It may not seem like much. But to me, it's huge. Unless we have a guest, the room is essentially mine. I can get lost in paint and any other medium of choice. Yay! I am also teaching myself guitar right now, so it's nice to close the door and strum away without inflicting pain on Justin's ears- only my own. ;)


Look: I've already managed to clutter the surface of my drafting table. Excellent, yes? I've already been painting (see easel in photo #1) and revisiting the Jane Eyre egg art. Awww yeeeaah.

The dogs think that the room - particularly the bed - belongs to them. They like to mess up the sheets. That's ok. It's entertaining.

Paint on, friends!

4 comments:

  1. your new space looks lovely! i love having my own space although i have to admit i spend most of my time knitting/crocheting on the couch in the living room. still, though. a room of one's own is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I imagine I will switch up the scenery from time to time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! i really love the wall color. you have so much space, too -- how wonderful! somehow our guest room/my sewing room always ends up being all bed and bureau, and i'm off in a tiny corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Meghan! I'll try to keep other furniture/random stuff from invading. ;)

    ReplyDelete