Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Since I can't finish anything I start these days, I will show off someone else's talents...

So, I have Jane Eyre Egg Art in the works.... and it's such a little thing, and I haven't put the finishing touches on it yet, and it's maddening that I am so slow to finish these things (I can hear my middle school art teacher hovering over my shoulder: "Work faster!"), but that's just the way it is. Also, I am moving my art table to the new spare room/Leah's art room (woohoo!), so my art space is in transit and not so user-friendly right now.

I have decided to take this opportunity to show off the work of an Etsy artist I found, since some of it is definitely Eyre-ish (and generally fantastic).

If you haven't yet, check out the work of KMStitchery! All clothing is recycled (in new condition), all stencils are hand-cut, the inks are water-based and non-toxic, and every piece is one-of-a-kind! Show off your favorite feminist!

I fell in love with the Currer Bell print (Charlotte Bronte, for those of you who aren't familiar with her pen name). I love my shirt so much, it makes me do a goofy little happy dance...


Additionally, the artist behind KMStitchery is part of a "feminist dark literary chamber rock band" called The Great Confinement. You can check out their music here! The lyrics are fueled with imagery from Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, and others.

Now, Dear Reader, get your Eyre on.

No comments:

Post a Comment