Wednesday, June 23, 2010

busy little bee

Okay, so my blogging habits are sporadic... but I've been keeping myself quite busy as of late. Photos from my travels to Chicago and Boston are slowly making their way to Flickr. I am also trying to scan some film from my TLR, as well as some old family photographs. This could actually take forever. But hey, it's fun.

Unsurprisingly, Justin and I are busy being students. I just finished a draft of my first PhD manuscript which covers the research our group did in Hawaii a while back, plus subsequent experimental work. This will be the first of many, many drafts, so I expect this to keep me out of trouble for some time! I am also trying to find appropriate sampling sites in a new field area that I will visit later this summer. Justin (my trusted sidekick, as always) will be my field partner.

Additionally, I've been working on several projects around the house. Justin's little bro recently moved out, so his old room is my new "art room" (and guest room). It's coming together nicely. I just finished sanding and staining the bed frame that will live in there (I love power sanding. Really). Once the bed is set up, I can finish the space and start using it. Woohoo!

For the most part, I'm just trying to catch up on all of the little things that needed to be addressed. Still important, though. I cleaned out my closet and donated a bunch of stuff. I designed a nightstand that I will build so my books and glasses (eep!) don't end up on the floor every night. I sorted through piles of paperwork that had accumulated and taken over my desk. I gave my dog a bath and now he kinda smells like kiwi, but in a fake sort of way (yet still pleasant). I also repaired a ceramic fish platter that my brother gave me for Christmas about 10 years ago...


You knew it was a fish, right? Really, this was just an excuse to play with a new wide-angle/macro lens. :)

I've also been reading a lot, and I'm loving it... and now I will leave this blog post to return to Charlotte Brontë's Villette. Good night, Dear Reader!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your urls with AdFly and earn money from every visit to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete